How to Create Winning Midwifery Dissertation Topics
In medical schools, most students have to do some research and write dissertations. Though there are hundreds of topics to choose from, you might be asked to choose the one related to midwifery. This is a healthcare profession, the professionals take care of women during pregnancy, labour, and birth. They also often observe women during postpartum period and the newborns. Doctors provide the primary care that includes general care, family planning, gynecological examination, prenatal care, and menopausal observation.
Midwifery Topic Selection Tips
When the subject is related to medicine, choosing a dissertation topic is challenging. The tips below are designed to make the selection process easier.
- The students should understand the subject and its importance.
- The dissertation topic must touch one of the issues mothers and newborns can face.
- The topic does not have to be broad, it is better to stay specific, and make sure your can collect enough examples.
- Once you have chosen your topic, make certain you can add something interesting and expand it.
- It makes sense to study dissertation templates and look at the ways the papers are organized.
- The main goal of student research is to improve the healthcare of newborns and their mothers.
- The assignment is aimed to enhance students’ knowledge, so choose the topic you are interested in and want to learn deeply.
- It is recommended to do some reading and compose a bibliography list before you start writing.
Midwifery Dissertation Topics Examples
It is always helpful to see some examples and find ideas for your dissertation, so look through the popular dissertation topics listed further.
- The role of midwifery in current healthcare system.
- Midwifery versus nursing: similarities and differences.
- Perspectives of males working as midwifery professionals.
- Scientific developments and their role in midwifery care quality improvement.
- The state of midwifery development in Arabic countries.
- The latest achievements in the field of midwifery care.
- The importance of a proper prenatal care for a child’s health.
- The growth potential of midwifery profession.
- Midwifery and gender issues: who is a better professional?
- Education and health of mothers and children.
If you do not feel passion for any of the topics mentioned above, you can also find plenty of winning dissertation topics online. University library, academic writing center, and other sources contain many good examples of topics along with helpful tips. Either way, it is necessary to do some reading first and then consult with your supervisor to make sure the topic is appropriate.